Boost Your Membership with Member Plus Option
After a successful first year AAMD is continuing the Member Plus program for 2013. Join AAMD or renew at your regular rate, add the Member Plus option for an additional $100 and you will have the opportunity to earn a minimum of 20 online CE credits per year - 10 credits through CE modules and 10 credits through webinars. The total number of CEs above 20 may vary slightly from year to year. International members (from all other countries, including Canada) can join AAMD at $150 and take advantage of the Member Plus online CE credits - and receive a subscription to the AAMD journal, Medical Dosimetry.
Subscribe now and take advantage of the new Member Plus benefits!
Member Plus subscribers Click here to access current education resources (AAMD Username and Password required)
Online CE Modules
AAMD's self-paced online CE Modules can be accessed at any time through the AAMD website. Members who select the Member-Plus program will find an access password stored in their member profile. Similar to the Directed Journal Readings, CE Modules will require the participant to take a short quiz after they have watched the 50-minute session. Module sessions may be watched as many times as the participant would like. Full abstracts and objectives each module can be viewed at http://medicaldosimetry.org/onlinececenter/modules.cfm.
Self-Paced CE Module Topics for 2013:
- Treatment Plan Evaluation Techniques and Tools
- Using “Near Misses” to Improve Patient Safety in the Radiation Clinic: The Safety Reporting System at Duke University
- Review of Head and Neck Anatomy
- A Better Approach to the Treatment Planning for Cancers in the Thoracic Region
- The Top Five Things a Treatment Planner Should Know about Physics (and Vice Versa)
- Pediatric Radiation Oncology: The Role of Modern Radiation in Childhood Cancer
- 3D versus Hybrid IMRT Breast Treatment Planning: Data, Tips, and Techniques
- Go, Dog, Go! Adventures in Veterinary Oncology
- Paradigm Shifts in Treatment Planning
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for the Treatment of Skin Cancer: A Dosimetrist’s Perspective
AAMD webinars are usually scheduled once a month on a Wednesday at 1:00 pm Eastern. Each webinar will be between 60 and 90 minutes in length. In order to provide all participants with a chance to view the presentation, webinars will be recorded and available for credit for three months following the broadcast. The first webinar will start in January. Sign up early to catch all eight.
Webinar Topics* for 2013:
- IMRT Case Study: Head and Neck with SIB
- Case Study: Pelvic + LN's (Anus, GYN or Prostate)
- Image Fusion
- HDR: (GYN or Prostate)
- Quantec/Tissue Tolerances
- ACR Accreditation: The Role of the Medical Dosimetrist
- Basics of Clinical Trials
- e-Portolio's for Medical Dosimetrists
*Final topics subject to change. Listing order is not representative of broadcast schedule.