National Medical Dosimetrist's Day
Print your own copy of this year's official National Medical Dosimetrist's Day poster.
National Medical Dosimetrist's Day Is August 15, 2012!
To celebrate National Medical Dosimetrist's Day, AAMD is teaming up with our corporate partners to present a series of FREE webinars, scheduled one each day, August 13 - 17. Each webinar will offer one MDCB approved credit. Here's the line-up:
- Monday, August 13: Workflow Management — State of the Art Tools to Improve Both Quality and Workflow for the Dosimetrist
Sponsored by Velocity Medical Solutions
- Tuesday, August 14: The Evolution of Treatment Planning Integration and Future Impact on Clinical Workflow
Sponsored by Elekta
- Wednesday, August 15: Conquering Contouring — Eclipse and BrachyVision Advanced Contouring Tools
Sponsored by Varian Medical Systems
- Thursday, August 16: A New Approach to IMRT — Multi-criteria Optimization
Sponsored by RaySearch Laboratories
- Friday, August 17: The Use of Compensator-Based SBRT IMRT with a Flattening Filter Free Beam and Breath Hold Techniques
Sponsored by .decimal®
Click here for full descriptions of all of our National Medical Dosimetrist's Day Webinars.
All webinars will be from 1:00 - 2:00 PM EDT.
How to Celebrate National Medical Dosimetrist's Day
Each year, the third Wednesday of August is designated as the day for celebrating medical dosimetry professionals around the world, recognizing the importance of their profession and honoring their contributions. Medical dosimetry is an exciting and amazing profession to work in. Dosimetrists are members of a team that contributes toward cancer survivorship on a daily basis.
Mark these dates on your calendar for future celebrations of National Medical Dosimetrist's Day!
2013: Wednesday, August 21
2014: Wednesday, August 20
"What Is a Medical Dosimetrist?" Flyer:
Download, print and share this flyer with your colleagues, patients, students, family and friends to let them know exactly what you do!